Another week of 7 Bridges Marathon training is in the bag! It was actually a pretty good week. The weather was tolerable, but by the end of the week, the heat and humidity were back in full force. And our meals? We were enjoying some really tasty eats this week.
Monday – I met Christie to run early in the morning for 5 miles. We ran a route we hadn’t run in a while so it was great to mix it up! We went to Body Pump in the afternoon. 5 miles @ 10:19 pace Avg HR 138
Tuesday – Cara, Christine and I met at the shop and ran 4 miles. It was a pretty good run. I forgot my HR monitor so I just tried to keep a pace like yesterday. 4.02 miles @10:15 pace
Wednesday – Christine and I ran 4 miles at Hamilton Lakes for a really good recovery run. We ran more than we have there in a long time. Super easy! 4.08 miles @11:36 pace Avg HR 115
Thursday – I had to move my long runs around due to our concert Saturday night. I ran a solo 6 miler at a local park making some loops. It was perfect. I thought I had my HR monitor with me, but I only had one of the two pieces. I ran as controlled as I could and ended up a bit fast even though I didn’t feel like I was pushing. 6 miles @9:55 pace
Saturday – I wanted to get in a short run before we headed to Raleigh. Christie was running after CF so I met her our at the same park I ran on Thursday. Hayden wanted to come out and run a bit too! I ran a mile with Hayden and did 3.37 miles solo. I didn’t wear my HR monitor because I was running with Hayden and knew that we’d keep it easy. I didn’t plan for her not to want to do any more than a mile. 4.37 miles @ 10:52 pace
Sunday – one mile “rest” day. Much needed and kept it super easy. 11:37 pace
Total Weekly Miles: 31.48 miles
2015 Year to Date Miles: 801.07 towards 1500
We had some great meals this week again!
This week’s meals:
- Seared Steak with Crispy Potato Salad. This was a top 5 favorite from Hello Fresh. The shallot gravy made this whole dish and the Kalamata olives in the potato salad were so good.
- Vegetable Pizza for a new place, Uncle Maddio’s. It was a really good thin crust pizza. I had mushrooms and onions on my pieces.
- Tortellini Gratin with tomato, pesto and kale. This was another awesome dish. I wish we had more because I would have had another helping.
- Poached Cod in Chorizo-Fennel Broth with Orange, Zucchini, and Purple Potato Crisps
- Snacky foods at a friend’s party
- Arepas (corn flatbread that can be stuffed with all kinds of good things). We tried a Venezuelan restaurant when we were in Raleigh Saturday night for the concert. It was so good!! I got one filled with shredded chicken, black beans, pico and cheese with a cilantro dipping sauce. The other winner there was their Guasaca, a chunky avocado salsa.
Have you ever tried an arepa before? How did your fitness plans go this week?
Go be awesome! 🙂
Follow Runner Girl in a Rocking World