We made it!! Friday is here! I don’t know about you all but this has been a long week. It started off really well, but then kind of dragged on just past Wednesday.
For this Friday Five, I’m posting five fitness and running-related pictures, links or other goodies that caught my eye this week.
1. Sometimes a Facebook ad is actually helpful. Facebook directed me to a current Groupon deal for PRO Compression Calf Sleeves for under $20. I have just recently started wearing them post-run and I’m noticing a huge difference in my recovery between my long runs. I love the support that they offer and they feel like a little hug on my calves. I’m not partial to a brand, just partial to a deal! 🙂 I’ll let you know how I like them once they arrive.
2. My sweet friend, Kristen is running for two these days. She’s having a baby in May and she shared her thoughts on staying active and running during pregnancy in a recent post on Eddie Wooten’s Running Shorts blog. Isn’t she the cutest?! She’s the sweetest person I know and she’s going to be an amazing mom.
3. As Declare It Day nears this weekend, this was such an important reminder that the biggest step is to take the first one. The rest is easy.
Image from Fellow Flowers Facebook Page
4. Did you see the Super Bowl ad, #Likeagirl? This pic came across my Instagram feed and I loved it!! I thought it captured #likeagirl perfectly.
Image from Running With Scissors
5. Mommy, Run Fast’s 5 by the 5th Virtual Race Series is back!! This month kicked off the first month of the challenge and I ran 5 miles (part of my Sunday 14 miler). It’s not too late to join! Runners have the choice of running 5 miles, a 5K or a combo of both distances within the first 5 days of the month. And if that wasn’t incentive enough, there are also monthly prizes for runners who post their “race results”. It’s great accountability and motivation through the winter months.
Image from Mommy, Run Fast
Check out other posts:
Fitness Friday hosted by Jill Conyers.
Follow Runner Girl in a Rocking World