With winter in full throttle, although we’ve been lucky so far in NC and it’s not been too cold and no snow yet, the thought of bundling up and heading outside on some days seems like the last thing I want to do. I still have a running streak to uphold, so I’ve been fairly creative on getting that one mile in some days. In the summer, I’d head outside for a mile easily. In the winter, not so much.
So what are my favorite indoor workouts?
- For my running streak only, an indoor mile around my house, classroom, a store, etc. made the list. You name it, I’ve probably made loops around it getting my mile in. You think by now, I’d invest in a treadmill, but then how creative is that?!
- I love the variety of classes available at my gym. Until just recently, I took a regular Body Pump class. Cara and I also went through a spell where we were trying all kinds of different classes from Tabata to yoga to a POUND class to kettlebells.
- If you have Time Warner Cable, you have several videos available to you ON Demand. I’ve done several of the yoga videos and they are pretty good. There is a restorative yoga that I was doing regularly after my long runs. It was just the thing I needed!
- I joined a Pilates challenge from The Balanced Life over the summer and I saved the weekly emails to use for future use. I love Robin’s videos and you can find several them on her YouTube channel.
- If you google monthly challenges, you have a ton of choices of different plans that target anything from arms to legs to booty. Several friends and I did several of them and even created our own! We encouraged each other through the challenges. I love that most of them are quick and fit in easily every day. I’m still doing my 2 min plank challenge.
What are your favorite indoor workouts? Any you care to share! I’m always looking for new ones to add to my routine.
Follow Runner Girl in a Rocking World