Limited on time?
Have less than 30 minutes to workout BUT you want a good quality workout?
Have limited equipment?
With run streaking, I use my one mile “rest” days as cross training days for the most part. I usually try to add in a Body Pump or yoga class, but depending on the gym schedule, there may not be one available that fits my schedule.
Enter the quick workout!
Some of my favorite workouts require about 20-30 minutes, mostly focused on core or strength training and can be done just about anywhere with limited amount of equipment (no weights).
- Monthly Challenges For a while a few of us were taking in part in monthly challenges for arms, abs and legs. Each day we had a certain number of reps we had to complete. The number of reps would increase by the day, but you could break them up if you had to.
- My current workout I’m hooked on now are ol’ fashioned push ups and crunches. I do 50 push ups, 100-125 crunches and 2 times 1 minute planks. I try to do this at least 3 times a week.
- On Sundays, Christie and I started doing WODs. She’s created some good ones. If you need a little help picking what to do, try the Random WOD app. They have over 600 to choose from!
- There are two apps that are great resources for Tabata-type workouts: 7 Minute Workout and Quick 4. Both apps provide quick paced sets of core work. They have everything from jumping jacks to planks to tricep dips. I like the variety and that they are timed through the app. You can choose how long or how many sets you want to complete.
- I also have streamed Pilates videos from Robin. Here are some of her free online videos.
- Lastly, the PiYo DVD set I purchased is also a favorite. Most of the workouts are less than 30 minutes and even if you aren’t following the program, the individual workouts are really good! I usually try to do the core or upper body ones.
What are your favorite quick workouts?
Follow Runner Girl in a Rocking World